Friday, November 9, 2012

Are These Losers Or Is It Just Me




The following is my personal online dating experiences. My name is Brianna. A few years ago I was divorced, lonely and hot to trot (read really, really horny). My younger sister Darla suggested that plentyoffish was my answer. I told her that I got the fact that eating lots of fish helped you get omega 3 fatty acids into your system and that was good for your skin and general well-being, but I had never heard of it lowering your sex drive. Besides, my problem was that I did not want to lower my libido, I wanted a man to get it on with! She informed me that it was a dating site that I should try and maybe I could meet a nice guy to spend some time with. At first I was against the idea, but gradually I came around. After all, what did I have to loose? BIG MISTAKE!

I have to agree that plentyoffish is a good name for the site. I did meet some piranhas and a couple of octopus types. Everywhere I looked I kept turning up losers.

The first guy I chatted with told me he loves to play with his kids and spend time walking on the beach. I checked his online profile and lo and behold; no kids. Since he lied to me straight off, I decided to ditch him straight off. Nice thing about online dating sites is that if you block someone, you disappear from their lives forever. WAY COOL!!.

The next man I met in the chat room seemed nice enough. He described himself to me as a trim 35 year old man who had no kids and had been divorced for a few years. He was looking for a serious relationship. When I met the dude in person, he was 65 if he was a day. His hair was all white, and he had quite a beer belly. At least 48 inches! This guy was all duded out like an urban cowboy. Something like how John Travolta was dressed in that movie, but this turkey was older, fatter and uglier. He wanted to take me to a bar.  I was polite with him for a while, but as he drank he started to get a bit surly. I did not need any of that crap, so I pretended to go to the powder room and ducked out on him. Good thing I never gave him my address or phone number. In any event, when I got home the first thing I did was to log into good old plentyoffuddyduddies and block him!

The next one spoke in a semi-Ebonics patois, and that is weird considering that he was white and all. All he could talk about was having sex with me. I said that if he touched me I would yell at the top of my voice and call the cops! One more time I had to go on the lam! So there I was, blocking him on plentyofmorons at the first opportunity.

I informed my sister Darla that this dating site thing just wasn’t working and that all I was meeting were losers. She insisted I give it another go so I did, I started chatting with a guy who seemed to be very sensible, smart and funny so I agreed to go out with him.

He took me to a bar that I had frequented at one time in my past. A couple of people recognized me and came over to say hello. I asked them if they wanted to sit with us, and they agreed. After all, this was just a first date and the object was to get acquainted and see how well we interacted. To me that also meant how well he got along with my friends, so I saw no harm. My date was pissed about it. I guess he had different plans than I did as to how the night would go, and realized that having a crowd would not let him hit the home run he was likely trying to score. He said “I'm not standing for this!” I said then sit down and shut up. Turns out he had no sense of humor, didn't dance or drink and when my friend told a joke he replied I'm not getting it. I said that’s right honey your not.

For the next few months, I chatted with a bunch of other guys, but none of them reached my soul in such a way that I thought I might want to meet them.  I was no spring chicken anymore, but I do keep in shape, and I am brutally honest. I insist that anybody I team up with have my same high moral standards and keeps themselves healthy. I was continually disappointed for a few more months. I just felt like I was wasting my time. I was beginning to think that a better name for plentyoffish would be plentyofnothing. Just like that old Gershwin song. I caught myself singing that Gershwin song from Porgy and Bess several times when I logged in.

So for most of several months I've been spending my time alone, and not by design. I felt that the dating site was just not working for me at all. Now don't get me wrong, I was getting action, just not like the kind of action I wanted. I was fishing for a nice big swordfish, and all I kept landing were squid, suckers, and other small bait fish. I told my sister that I was tired of online dating sites. They were just not working for me. I did not want to log into plentyoftimewasted any more.

She told me there was another site that some of her friends had used and they seemed to meet some OK guy's. She said she would get me the link to the site. Well I had nothing to lose but more time, and I had scads of that since I did not have any dates. To cut to the chase, I agreed and she got me the link.

As it turned out, the link was not actually to a dating site. It was a link to a site that rated dating sites. There were tons of sites. They were sorted by the type of people that they catered to. With literally ten thousand dating sites or more on the Internet, it was nice to find a place that had already done a lot of the leg work for me. As a result, I joined a couple of the sites, I met some guys and so far I have a couple on the string that seem to be going someplace. I feel like my life is finally going someplace again. What a difference!

I tried to figure out why I was successful on these other sites and not on plentyoffish. I think that the issue is that plentyoffish is free to everybody. Because of that, it attracts a disproportionate amount of losers. If they are not successful or too cheap to pay would you really want to spend the rest of your life with them? But free sites attracts exactly these kinds of people. This site that I went to actually has links to sites that are mostly paying sites. In a way, that is an automatic filter on them because unsuccessful people and cheap people tend to stay away from them. I also found that on some of the most highly recommended sites, only the men had to pay, not the women. As an average female, I have been just as successful on both the paying and the non-paying sites.

So if you want some of the right kind of action, I highly recommend that you try the link below.

Top100datingpersonals.com

1 comment:

  1. Hello there, Υou've done an incredible job. I will certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I'm confident they'll be benefited from this website.

    Also visit my blog post - dating sites for disabled people

    ReplyDelete